• No. 13 Virginia Tech returns home for a 7 p.m. matchup against Mount St. Mary’s before heading to Washington, D.C., to take on the American Eagles Sunday at 1 p.m.
• The Hokies open the weekend against Mount St. Mary’s Friday at 7 p.m.
• The teams are meeting for the first time in program history
• This is the third team that Virginia Tech is facing for the first time this season
• Virginia Tech closes the weekend on the road against American at 1 p.m.
• This is the eighth meeting between the Hokies and Eagles
• This marks the eighth meeting between the two teams and the Hokies lead 5-1-1
• The series dates back to 1994 where Virginia Tech recorded a 1-0 shutout in Blacksburg
• The Hokies are 2-1-0 in D.C.
MANNING EARNS HARDEE’S STAR OF THE WEEK HONOR
• Junior Ashley Manning was named Virginia Tech’s Hardee’s Star of the Week Monday, Aug. 27
• The forward was a big part of success at the Husker Classic
• She scored the final two goals in the 3-2 overtime win against Nebraska and played 38 minutes in the 1-0 shutout against Iowa State
WHERE WAS COLPITTS?
• On Wednesday, Aug. 8 at 5:30 a.m., Dayle Colpitts departed for Japan with her Canadian U-20 National Team to
prepare for the 2012 FIFA U-20 World Cup
• The World Cup is scheduled for Aug. 19 to Sept. 8 in five cities across Japan
• The junior starter will missed the first four games this season
• Colpitts returned on Friday, Aug. 30 just in time to head out to practice with her Hokies
ACC IN JAPAN
• Several ACC women’s soccer players are representing their home country at the 2012 FIFA U-20 World Cup
• Here is the list of student-athletes that are missing the start of the 2012 season:
• Bryane Heaberlin (North Carolina) (USA)
• Dayle Colpitts (Virginia Tech) (Canada) *returned Aug. 30th
• Crystal Dunn (North Carolina) (USA)
• Katie Stengel (Wake Forest) (USA)
• Kealie Ohai (North Carolina) (USA)
• Morgan Brian (Virginia) (USA)
• Mollie Pathman (Duke) (USA)
• Kassey Kallman (Florida State) (USA)
• Kelly Cobb (Duke) (USA)
• Steve Swanson (Virginia’s Head Coach) (USA)
Click here to veiw the full set of game notes.
For updates on Virginia Tech women's soccer, follow the Hokies on Twitter (@VT_WSoccer).